Monday, March 12, 2018

I am 15, going on 16....

My little girl isn't so little anymore.  Emma turned 15 years old.  Fifteen.  She is good, and sweet, and confident, and I am so proud of her. I just keep thinking we only have 3 more years until she’s officially an adult, and I’m not even a little ready for that! Happy birthday to this amazing girl who made me a mom.

Emma had to wait until after church to open her gifts.



 Then Grandma and Grandpa came, and we had lasagna for dinner and chocolate cake for dessert.
 She looks so grown up now.  But I still remember this little girl:
 This is the one who cried all. the. time.  Thankfully she outgrew that stage.

This is the girl who was into princesses.  She danced, and sang, and pranced around in her dress up princess dresses.
 Elizabeth loved her big sister.  When Elizabeth was a baby, she would light up when Emma was around.  Smiles and giggles and sweet baby squirms.  Look at how cute they were.
 Emma nicknamed Mt. Rushmore "Face Mountain."  We camped in Rapid City, SD on a very windy night (the wind was strong enough to make our tent look like a Jello jiggler and broke a tent pole) and Emma thought there was a dragon outside causing all that howling.
There's a part of me that misses the little girl she once was.  But I also love and admire the young woman she is becoming.

No comments: