Thursday, April 11, 2013

A bit too early for the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

I totally forgot to post pictures from the tulip and daffodil fields we saw Easter weekend.  Where is my brain these days?

We were just a few days early to see the tulip fields in bloom.  But the daffodil fields were gorgeous.
 (The picture above was my favorite one of the day.)
 We found one variety of tulips in bloom.  Just a narrow strip in the fields of flowers, but I got pictures of them all the same.


 Most of the tulip fields looked like this:
I like tulips better than daffodils, so I was happy to see the one red variety out.  I miss the tulips we had planted at our old house.  I think this fall we will need to plant some spring bulbs here at our new house.  Otherwise, I will be trying my luck at "borrowing" cut flowers from the new owners of our last home. :)

No comments: