Saturday, April 27, 2013

Harry Potter Party

Emma and Elizabeth wanted a Harry Potter birthday party this year.  I spent some time looking online for ideas, and found tons.  There are many talented party planners out there, but I think I pulled off one that made the kids happy on a MUCH smaller scale.

First were the invitations:
Then I made wands out of cake pop sticks, hot glue and brown acrylic paint, all of which I had already:

 (They turned out super cool.  Who knew you could do that with hot glue?  Thanks, Pinterest!)

Then I used my Silhouette to make some vinyl lettering for the bathroom.  This was mostly for my own amusement.
I thought I was so funny that I took a picture with my phone and uploaded it to facebook to share.  You definitely have to be a Harry Potter fan to understand.  (The kids have shared my fun, and announce to the world that they are visiting the Ministry of Magic every time they go in there.)
Here is the sign to go with the birthday invites- Welcome to Platform 9 3/4.


Theses are not actually Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Beans.  For one, I'm too cheap to get them, and two, who wants the disgusting kinds?  These are jelly beans from the bulk section at the grocery store.  I also put in a "Golden Snitch" white chocolate truffle in the party favor bags.
These are the Golden Snitch cupcakes I made.  They were not quite what I pictured, but they sure tasted good.
To read about the rest of the party, click here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How did you make the awesome invitations, looking burnt around the edges?? :)

Danae said...

I did it the hard way- burning the edges with a candle, a little at a time. It made a smoky mess in the house, so be warned!