Saturday, January 12, 2008

Emma's Wardrobe

You know, sometimes I think I shouldn't leave the house without a disclaimer attached to Emma. It would go something like this:
"My daughter picks out her own clothes."
I would hope that I at least look put together enough that no one would think I dressed my nearly 5-year-old. Please?

Really, this is quite the outfit. It started out as just a jumper, but we insisted that she needed to wear a shirt with it. Would she go for the top made to go with the jumper? Oh no. It needed to be pink striped to go with the black and red with plaid. And then we decided we needed to make a quick trip to the store, so she needed to wear something on her legs. Tights? Oh please, how boring would that be? The purple knit pants with silver snowflakes was just the thing. And then bright pink snow boots completed the ensemble.

But when all is said and done, she is still a cute kid. And let's face it, how long can you get away with dressing yourself like this? Take advantage of it while you can.

3 comments:

ryan said...

I think that Emma gets most of her style from me. I really don't have a problem with her outfits. It dosn't even embarass me when we go to the store dressed up and looking Emma stylish. I always check with her on my outfit before I got to a meeting. I do know that if Emma tells me that I am not matching then it is a serious fashion violation.

Danae said...

Gee Ryan, you are just so hilarious.....

The A Team Mom said...

Emma is a doll in whatever she wears!! Both my kids have their own fashion as well! They both wear tons of layers. Braden never has only one shirt on. It is at least two and often four. Kaitlin wants to wear flip flops and summer dresses. She always is complaining of being cold so I have to make her add a shirt (long sleeves please!) and pants or tights. I bet her preschool wonders how I seriously let her leave the house in the outfits she picks. But hey I agree with you- that it is only so long they can do this and it is not worth the fight to get her to wear what I want. Just today she wore a ballet suit, skirt, and snow boots to gymnastics class. It was lovely!