Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Credit Problems

 For the first time ever, we had our credit card info stolen just before Thanksgiving. The credit card company alerted us fairly quickly. Black Friday started out with Ryan asking me, “Hey, did you buy me something really expensive from [insert random company name] for Christmas because the credit company is asking about it?” That’s a negative. After a lengthy phone call, we were assured we wouldn’t be liable for the many fraudulent charges. We would, however, be getting new cards and a new account number. Once the new cards came, I grabbed the card on the right of the paper and called the number to activate my card. Once my card was ready to go, I activated the card on the left as well and we were done! I grabbed a ballpoint pen and signed my name. This is when I finally looked at the bottom of the card and realized the name on the card was Ryan’s. Oh fudge. What was the credit company doing? Ryan has always been the head of household, putting his cards and information always on the left side of the mailing papers. Why change after all this time? So then we had two cards with my signature and I had to call and report a damaged card, being sure to ask for a new one for my husband. But please don’t ask how we managed to damage a card in less than a day after our new cards arrived by two-day mail... I plead the 5th.


No comments: