Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Golden

I don't know what it is about the dinner table, but the conversation always seems to end up geared toward bodily functions.  I try and I try, but we cannot stay away from it.  My mother-in-law asked me during dinner  one night while we were over there, if I am even attempting to teach my children proper manners.  (In jest-  She would never criticize.)  I looked back and said, "I do try!  I might have half a chance if Ryan had learned before I got him...."  She acknowledged that two of her children were participating in the conversation at hand.

Tonight we were discussing how much liquid one ought to consume during the course of the day.  Ryan was teaching the girls that by the end of the day our "pee" should be nearly clear.  The kids thought this was interesting, and ran with it.  Verbally.  Annie piped up with, "Well, my pee is golden."

How can you argue with that?  I mean, what is better than golden?

Discussion over.

Ryan and I are still laughing over this one.

No comments: