Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We Are Back!

We made it back from Maui. What a wonderful trip! Ryan and I were able to drop the girls off at his parent's house and have a sort of 2nd honeymoon. (Thank you so much guys!!!!) It was so nice to just be Ryan and Danae again. Sometimes I think we get a little lost in being good ol' Mom and Dad, so it was nice to just be a couple for a little while. Don't get me wrong, we missed the girls terribly and talked to them at least once a day. Once when we were walking around Lahaina, we were mistaken for a couple on our honeymoon. (Gee whiz, must have been a "shotgun wedding" with me in my condition! hehehe) Here was the beach across the street from where we stayed. We stayed in Kahana, a little north of Lahaina.
We flew out Monday morning and got back really late Sunday night. In fact, by the time we made it to Ryan's parents house, it was actually Monday morning. We went with our friends James and Tiffany (also childless for the week).
I am going to try to post more pictures from our trip. It may take me a day or two. I've decided I may have a problem. Over the course of 7 days, I took roughly 350 pictures. Thank heavens for digital cameras. I apparently have some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to taking pictures. Maybe I need to search out some sort of support group..? I guess it will be fun to scrapbook when I finally get around to it in say, oh about 5 years. :o)
I went in for another doctor check up this morning. The babies seem to be fine. The nurse looked at me and said that I didn't get much of a tan. This made me a little sad. To me, I look a few shades darker. I guess those of us from English/Irish decent just don't tan well. I did use a lot of sunscreen, but if I hadn't, I'd be RED, not a little tan.

No comments: