Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Musings

I came to a conclusion today. Having Dora the Explorer as the "babysitter" video while I try to catch a few zzz's isn't the greatest idea. After a particularly rough night, I get Emma off to school, make sure Elizabeth is set with a sippy cup and a movie, and then I stretch out on the couch to hopefully take a bit of a nap. I am aware of bits of the movie generally. Today, however, my little naps were frequently interrupted by screams of, "MAP!" and "SWIPER NO SWIPING" and the like. Between that, and the general achy-ness of my body, it's a wonder I slept at all. But I did, and I felt much better afterwards.
During these morning naps, I will often turn the ringer off on our phone. I can tune out the tv noise, but the phone? Not so much. When I came to and remembered to look at the phone, I had 4 new messages. Ryan called not once to check up on me, but 3 times. The last message said he was going to come home to check on me at lunch if I didn't return his call by then. So I called him back and reminded him of my intention to nap over the course of the morning.
Others have been checking up on me. One time it was just after I got out of the shower, and I still had a towel on my head. My visitor seemed aghast that I was on my feet. Should I be up for something like a shower? Oddly enough, my discharge paper from the hospital didn't mention anything about no showering for the duration, so it must be ok. Bed rest seems to include small trips to the kitchen and bathroom, so far as I know....?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm glad to see you are still doing well and not having those little darlings yet. I don't know if you are up for book club on Thursday, but I'd love to have you...Also- did you still want to take pictures?