Monday, November 10, 2008

We Survived Week 1

Anne and Madeline are 1 week old today. We seem to have made it through the first week. The twins had a check up today. They both have regained their birth weight and then some. Annie has gone from 5 lbs 8 oz to 5 lbs 10 oz. Maddie went from 5 lbs 9 oz to 5 lbs 12 oz. They had lost a couple ounces while we were in the hospital. I couldn't keep up with their appetites at first, so we supplemented with some formula. That has changed. They also grew a quarter inch. It's good to see that all the time spent nursing is doing something productive.
I was very excited today to see that the water retention finally went away today. I can see my ankle bones. Yea! My shoes will fit better now. :o) Now, if only we could get those girls to sleep at night, I could lose the dark circles under my eyes...
I've taken some more pictures that I will try to post in the next day or two.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is great news! I am glad they are growing and doing well. I am thinking about you guys!

Woodrich Family said...

Wow, you are incredible! Good work on the nursing thing. It's such a wonderful thing. Just think of all those calories burning!!

Tasha said...

Glad to hear all the good news! I'm so happy for you!

Tiffanie and Jeff Bodine said...

Congratulations Danae & I'm so sorry I've been out of the loop! We're just now getting over this hacking cough! I am so glad these two little ones are doing so well, miss SUPER MOM! I can't believe you are actually doing it! I'm not sure I could! We are so happy for you & hope we can see them soon in person!