Generally I frown on the kids getting out of bed once we've put them there for the night. I can think of only a handful of reasons that it is acceptable to reappear in the living room.
1. The house is on fire. (Self explanatory)
2. You have wet the bed. (Although this isn't really that acceptable. I'd rather they didn't.)
3. There is blood. (Again, not ok. Please just lie down and don't jump on the bed!)
4. A tooth fell out. (See below.)Some unacceptable reasons to be out of bed.
1. "My knee hurts." (There is no blood coming from the bruise you got yesterday.)
2. "She's being too loud." (You both need to be quiet.)
3. "I can't sleep." (It would probably help if you lie down and stay there for more than 5 minutes.)
4. "I love you, Mommy." (It would be much sweeter if it wasn't just a ruse to be out of bed.)