Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hippie Birthday

 For my uncle's 60th birthday, my aunt threw him a Groovy 60's birthday party.  Some of the guests really went all out in dressing up for the occasion.

 Aunt Linda, Grandma, and Uncle Tom were definitely getting the groovy vibe.  Uncle Tom lost the beard soon after the pictures.  I guess fake facial hair feels as good as it looks.
 Aunt Linda, Grandma, and birthday boy Uncle Ron.  Uncle Ron and Aunt Jeanne made their own tie dye shirts for the occasion.

Then there was us- not feeling very groovy.
 The kids attacked the desserts with enthusiasm.
 The adults were only a tad less enthusiastic.... 
The dads and kids went outside to play Four Square.  Melissa and Scott did join in.  Melissa was playing hardcore, and didn't take it easy on the 5 year olds.  I was lucky enough to stay inside and chat and catch up with my cousins.  Girl talk.  I need that sometimes.

At about 9 pm, we packed the kids in the car for the trip home.  It was a late night, and we didn't quite make it to sacrament meeting this morning. 

(And a thank you to Aunt Jeanne for letting me "borrow" these pictures from Facebook.)

No comments: