Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Preschool Day

Yesterday morning, as Elizabeth got up and came out into the living room, she told me, "Preschool today!" I told her no, it was tomorrow. Elizabeth looked at me and said very stubbornly, "It's tomorrow already!!"
This morning we were a-quiver with anticipation. Today was PRESCHOOL. It is quite the process getting us all ready and out the door for school on time, but we did it. And pictures too. Only 170-something more days to go. :o)

We all walked Elizabeth to class. Emma insisted that she come to see her little sister off to her first day of school. Elizabeth was not in any way clingy or needing me; just happy to say good bye to ol' mom. I had to quickly make sure Emma made it to her class and then load the rest of us back into the van. We got home, I fed Annie and Maddie their bottles, changed diapers and put them down for their morning nap. And then something crazy and unusual happened. There was... silence. Glorious, wonderful silence. I exercised, showered, unloaded the dishwasher, checked email and then I sat down for 5 minutes before my two hours was over and it was time to load everyone back into the van to pick up Elizabeth. I think I could really get used to having some uninterrupted time to get stuff done.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Awesome! So great to have even just a few minutes of quiet. Your girls look so grown up and cute- school time is exciting!