Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm a Quitter

...According to my husband, anyhow. Ryan and I have this unspoken war of sorts when it comes to certain things. Neither one of us wants to be the one to admit defeat. When it looks as if the toothpaste is gone, we can usually get another week's worth out of it. But all things must come to an end, especially those with finite resources. As usual, it was me who gave in and got the new tube of toothpaste. Ryan actually laughed at me as I pulled it from the box. It was certainly a laugh-AT-you kind of laugh, and not a laugh-with-you laugh. It's always me who gets out the new toothpaste. Or soap. Or shampoo. Ryan claims he was unaware that this was a power war. He said he was assuming this was about us being thrifty. Ha! It's just not fair that he has stronger hands than I do. I couldn't get any more toothpaste out without cutting the silly thing open and rubbing my toothbrush on the inside. And he just has to rub it in.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Cut it next time and he'll get the message. Or hide the new one you're using in the box. Then when he goes to get it out and finds you've been using it for a while you'll have a good laugh.