Friday, November 29, 2013

It's My Birthday

Today was my birthday.  Ryan wrapped my present in a bazillion bags that took a while to unwrap.
 I wanted to get a Christmas tree, so we put on all of our coats and cold weather gear and went to go get one.
 Blair and Simon came with us.  I thought it would be nice if Simon took a picture with the girls.  Simon thought otherwise.
 Once the tree was at the house, Emma and Elizabeth took me out to lunch for my "present."  It was really sweet.
I decided to do something different with the tree this year- white lights instead of the multi-colored ones.  Courtesy of Black Friday, we got the new LED lights for a very reduced price.  :)  The girls and I decorated the tree while Ryan did homework.  I guess that's the price he paid for not having an assignment on Thanksgiving, but it meant he did homework for a long time.
 Our pretty tree:
Ryan did get me a pretty cake from Safeway.
After dinner (and cleaning up after it), I felt done watching the kids.  So I went upstairs and sat in our jacuzzi while Ryan put the kids to bed.  I sat in hot, bubbly water for a good 90 minutes.  I felt better afterwards.

This was the birthday card I got from my in-laws.  It was kind of funny, but what were they trying to tell me...?

No comments: