Friday, January 7, 2011

Guerilla Warfare

I'm a little impressed.  The method of the twins' destruction is evolving.

Once upon a time, all Annie and Maddie did was unload toys/clothes/books/purse contents/kitchenware as fast as they possibly could.  Then came the scattering abroad.  Then came destruction of those objects.

Now, they leave partially full CapriSun pouches on the floor awaiting Mom's oblivious walking.  And inevitably, I won't be paying attention to the floor and find it with my foot.

Sigh.

It's amazing.  I think Annie and Maddie discuss in their own toddler-esque talk how to sabotage Mom to the maximum effect in the morning before I get them from their cribs.  How can they use their new skills to make life as challenging as possible for Mommy during the course of the day?  Their tactics change.  Sometimes it's whining, sometimes it's crying, sometimes it's the destruction of the house, and sometimes it's a combination of all 3.

Aaagghh.  How does a Mom survive twin toddlerhood???

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Curse those partially full CapriSun pouches!! I seem to always find wet messes with my sock!

Bingham Family said...

You always make me laugh!

Bridget said...

You're doing a good job surviving...sometimes it takes a lot of effort to laugh instead of cry.