Sunday, August 21, 2011

Scenic Drive

My husband, as long as we've been married, has wanted to drive Highway 20.  Instead of the usual 3.5 (in good traffic, so usually more like 4) hour drive, it would take us 7 hours to get to his parents' house.  My desire of spending the least amount of time cooped up in the car with my children has won out- until now.  Since we didn't come up with any grand destination for a family vacation, we would make a trip to the west side of the state as cool and adventurous as possible.
We left just after 8 am, and made it to Winthrop for our lunch stop.  Winthrop is this old west-style town filled with tourist trap stores.  Absolutely perfect for the family of small children, right?

So we walked the boardwalk, and peeked in the windows of the stores. 
I will say the drive was very pretty. 
This, I believe, is Ross Lake.  The water is a very bright shade of aqua.
We stopped here to stretch our legs and throw rocks into the lake.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Looks like lots of fun. I miss mountains and real lakes.