Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Choo Choo

We were invited over to a friend's house to make candy trains.  I've made a couple of gingerbread houses in my day, but the trains were new to me.  But it didn't involve praying that the royal icing would hold the walls and roof together and then breaking out the hot glue, and I had an excuse to buy 4 candy bars, so we were excited.

I think technically we were supposed to use each candy bar to make a train car for one long train.  But my children are the kind who elbow each other and snatch the last 4 pieces of candy as another is reaching for that particular kind, so we opted for separate and unattached train cars.
Mmm.... frosting.... Lots and lots of frosting.
We try hard to be creative. 

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Thanks for sharing this! Dev LOVES trains & this is so cute and fun looking.