Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Emma's Trip

If you have been paying attention, Emma was conspicuously absent in the last couple of posts.  Here's why:

As mentioned before, Ryan's brother and his wife were expecting a baby.  As that due date drew closer, Ryan's parents asked if they could take Emma with them to go see the new baby when he made his appearance.  So last Tuesday (my birthday) we got word that Blair's water had broken and Rick and Kim would pick Emma up bright and early Wednesday morning.

They arrived on our doorstep at 4:30 Wednesday morning after a 3 hour drive from their house.  I don't even consider that officially morning yet.  But they had 10 more hours to go, and I wasn't driving, so who am I to complain?

After all that driving, they barely missed the arrival of baby Simon (9 lbs 12 oz- holy moly) by about 15 minutes.  Blair, you are my hero.  I can't even imagine birthing a baby that big by natural means, let alone as a 1st baby.
 Grandma with the oldest and youngest grandchildren.  7 grandchildren in 8 1/2 years.  This is the first grandson though.
Michael, Blair and baby Simon.

They came home on Sunday.  I'm glad to have my Emma home again.

1 comment:

Michael and Blair Kannely said...

you are my hero. You had twins! THAT is something amazing.