Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful

I love this time of year.  We had some great talks in Sacrament Meeting at church today about being thankful.  Of course this topic was a no-brainer considering the holiday coming up this week.  But it got me thinking.  I am so blessed, and should take the time to remember to be thankful for what I do have.

Here are some of the things I am thankful for today.

I'm thankful that my parents raised me in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I'm thankful for my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.  With His help, someday I may become the person I want to be.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband.  Ryan has been great while I have been sick.  He's cleaned the house, cooked dinners, and put the kids to bed without complaint.  And once that is done, he holds me on the couch while I cough.  No matter what I make, Ryan always says my food is better than anyone else's.  He doesn't complain those days I'm a lousy housekeeper.  He thanks me for the clean clothes I (usually, just not so much this month) get around to washing.

I'm thankful for girl friends who surprise me and take me out to dinner for an early birthday celebration.  I have wonderful friends.

I'm thankful for family friends who hang out with our craziness.  Even when some no longer live in town, they still call us up and want to see us when they are in the area.

I'm also thankful for family friends who have medical knowledge and let us pick their brains (and stitch up my husband- twice) on weekends.

I'm thankful we were blessed with finding the perfect new house for us.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the space.

I'm thankful for my girls.  I love when I catch them being kind and sweet to one another.  I love that they like each other, and want to spend time with their sisters.  (Ahem, but they still need to go to sleep when it is bedtime!)

I'm thankful for my in-laws.  I couldn't have married into a better or nicer family.

I'm thankful for bartering.  It was really nice to have free babysitting last night so I could go grocery shopping with Ryan- just the two of us.

I'm thankful for modern technology.  I'm thankful for email, phones, the internet (how did we find new recipes without it?), tv (to use the kids attention so I can get something done), epidurals, stand mixers, mp3 players, cameras, computers, washing machines, cars, indoor heating and plumbing, and dishwashers.

I'm thankful for a modern day prophet and revelation.

Once I got going, it was easy to come up with quite a list of things I'm thankful for.  I could keep going, but I think I'll stop here for now.  How lucky and blessed I am to have been born in this time and place.  I need to remember that, more than I do.

No comments: