Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas

First off, I would just like to say that I am so thankful my children are not the ones who get up at 4 am wanting to open their gifts.  They were up at about 7:15 and bouncing with excitement.
 I think Santa managed to bring what they asked for.  We had some good smiles.

 The kids played with the new toys while I made pancakes and sausages for breakfast.
After breakfast, we got our clothes on to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  About 45 minutes into the drive there, my phone beeped with a voicemail message that said maybe we didn't need to come up today because they were going to go because Blair was likely going to have her baby soon.

Um....

After a quick call, we determined that we were close enough to finish driving there to see them before they left.  (That's good, otherwise the kids might have mutinied.)

We arrived, opened gifts, ate lunch, and came home.

The rest of the day was pretty quiet.  We got progress updates on Blair via text, and played and watched The Sound of Music.

About 9 pm, baby Charlotte was born.

No comments: