Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Snow

This morning as I was getting ready to take a shower, I got a text from Primary President Laura asking me to call the senior primary teachers to see how many could get out of their driveways and attend church, while she called the junior primary ones.  As it turns out, not many.  Laura herself also thought it would be best to "hunker down" and enjoy conference talks at home.  The bishopric thought the 6-10 inches of snow (depending on where you lived) wasn't bad enough to cancel church, but we were not going to be staffed well enough for Sunday School and the rest.  So, those who braved the roads could enjoy a shortened meeting of only Sacrament Meeting.  It was a really nice meeting, rather more informal than usual for those of us who went. 

The previous owners of our house were in town for work, and wanted to drop by and say hi.  I actually think it was code for, "We want to see how you are treating our old house."  So, we made sure the breakfast dishes were in the dishwasher, the laundry wasn't visible, the winter gear was stashed, and confirmed we looked mostly presentable.  

After the visit, we got dressed up in our winter get-up, and Ryan hitched up our plastic sled to the back of his pick-up.  Then we drove next door to the alfalfa field (our neighbor said it was all right), and we took the kids sledding!



 The ride was a bit bumpier than Friday's sledding.  The alfalfa field is a long ways from smooth.
I'm posting this picture mostly because it shows my snow boots.  I've had these babies since I was... 14? maybe 15 years old.  They are also a green version of Ryan's snow boots (you can kind of see them in the picture of Ryan in this post), also purchased at about the same time period.  This is how we know that Ryan and I are Meant To Be.  How else would you explain that?  (PS I am tucking my cell phone into my back pocket.  I don't usually walk with my hand back there.  And Ryan only takes the best pictures of me....)

No comments: