Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dressing Up

My girls crack me up. The outfits they create for themselves are really.... something. Emma and Elizabeth are wearing nothing but shirts and tights. Elizabeth has long sleeved shirts tied around her front and back instead of a skirt. And I guess Emma thinks just tights are sufficient. But if you look at their faces, you can tell they think they look AWESOME. :o)
Annie and Maddie are getting into dressing up too. Annie grabbed this tank top of mine out of the clean laundry and tried to put it on herself. I had to help a little so it wouldn't fall off.
The twins are always putting on and taking off shoes. We had company over for dinner tonight, and Annie put on shoes belonging to our guests. It almost came to blows at one point, when she was wearing the blue crocs belonging to the little boy. We had several days this week where I heard "Ah waht SHOES" (that is "I want shoes" for those of you who don't speak toddler) over and over, while they held out another pair for me to help them put on. It was on and off, on and off, and on and off all day long. And never their shoes that they wanted to wear, but Daddy's or Emma's or Elizabeth's or my shoes.
On the up side, they are learning some new words. :o)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I can soooo relate to this post! We've got a big tote full of costumes/accessories, and the girls love to dress up.

Now that my twin daughters have turned 4, they've become very particular about their shoes, and I can no longer put just any old pair on their feet. They don't like the "feel" of certain shoes, and each girl has her favorite pair that she likes to wear.