Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dr. Seuss Party

We celebrated the twins' birthdays again today.  This time we did it right- with Daddy.  Oh, and a whole lot of our extended family. 

With 4 girls, we've had a lot of princess/girly/pink parties.  The twins, as of yet, cannot voice their opinion on their choice of birthday party theme.  So I decided it could be fun to do a Dr. Seuss party.

The invitations were sent via email, and they went like this:

24 months have passed,
And my, have they flown.
You won't believe your eyes
At how the twins have grown.

We will have a good time
You will not want to miss
A 2nd birthday party
Quite like this.

Whether it rains
Or if it is sunny
We will have lots of good fun
That is funny.

So, come November 6th,
To see our Thing 2 and Thing 1
Celebrate their 2nd birthday
With plenty of cake and fun!

(Ok, so it's not quite Dr. Seuss, but I tried.)

Then I came up with the menu:





These were supposed to be red velvet cupcakes, but I guess I didn't use enough red food coloring.  At least they still tasted good.  I used dyed coconut as the blue "hair."  I made the Things 1 and 2 signs on the computer and taped them to toothpicks.

Not pictured: Grinch Toes (pickles), Star Belly Sneetch Juice (lemonade with kiwi stars), and Hearts Two Sizes Too Small (grapes).
 The spread on our table. 

 Annie and Maddie were glad to open more birthday presents.  :)
Maddie showing off her bling.
 My nephew Alex enjoying a cupcake.  He did a good job making a crumb-y mess.
I think the party was a success.  I had a good time, and it was good to see the family.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Great party!!

Enjoy the weekend.

Natalie said...

Such a cute idea! I love your poem and food ideas. Hats off the party planner extraordinaire.

Megan said...

Um, AWESOME party!!!! You are so creative.

And happy birthday to the girls!

Natalie said...

You are amazing!!