Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Last Saturday night was our church's Halloween chili dog dinner, carnival and Trunk or Treat.  (For those of you who don't know what a "Trunk or Treat" is- this is where the kids go trick or treating around the church parking lot, and people hand out candy from their decorated car trunks.  Or in our case, the open back hatch of the minivan.  Who am I kidding?  I'm Mormon- most of the vehicles were minivans or Suburbans.  This way our kids can beg for candy mostly from people we know.  I realize this is also kinda creepy.  When else do I, as a semi-responsible parent, tell the kids it's ok to take candy from people in cars?)

The girls all posing in their Halloween costumes. 
This was Emma's first year not being a princess or fairy since she was 2 years old.  She had wanted to be a leopard, but I talked her into a black cat instead.  We are a little short on leopard print clothing. 
The "Things" are in birth order- Annie is #1 and Maddie is #2.
 This is the "donut dunking" at the carnival.  It's hysterical watching little kids try to eat things without using hands.  Needless to say, the chocolate frosting didn't stay on the donut.
Can you tell what Ryan and I dressed up as?  Ryan is Chuck Bartowski and I am Sarah Walker from the tv show "Chuck."  My costume would have been better with black spy pants, but I didn't have anything that fit the bill. 
Elizabeth and a friend from school.
(L-R) Maddie, Noah, Kennedy and Annie
It was rather amusing to compare notes with my friend Tiffany on our kids' Halloween costumes a couple weeks before the holiday and realize that we came up with the same thing.  However, her kids kept their yarn wigs on.  It was a little frustrating to have spent 5 hours on those silly things and just use them for pictures.

4 comments:

Bingham Family said...

Way cute!

Natalie said...

I seriously don't believe that you do not have black spy pants tucked away somewhere!! Emma is a super cute black cat.

Konrad said...

Omg that THING 1 & THING 2 picture is SO adorable.

Becky said...

I LOVE it!! Of course the thing one and thing two is great- but my favorite it is the Chuck and Sarah costumes. We love that show. Anyway- I am so amazed the twins are now 2. Awesome job on their Dr. Seuss party! I know that was a different post- but I just had to say you are incredible! Miss you.