Monday, August 17, 2015

Happy Anniversary to Us

I picked up Chinese for two today and joined Ryan for lunch. We ate in the ultra-romantic staff lounge at the school.  The romantic ambiance was furthered by the custodian chowing down on his lunch, and other staff members who came to ask questions of the assistant principal.  It left me with some time to take a picture of my orange chicken, chow mein and rice.
Ryan had to work late.  We are happy and very thankful he has the new job, but it is an effective method of taking my husband away from home a lot.  Both he and the principal are new at their jobs this year, I shall be glad when things settle down a bit.

So today marks 14 years that we've been married.  The day was sort of anti-climatic.  Don't get me wrong, I love  my husband, and I love being married to him.  I guess this is just a busy time for us.  And I am counting down to school starting.  There's something about August that turns my kids into screaming, fighting, quarrelsome grumps.

No comments: