Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mutual, here I come

For the first time in years, I was released from Primary.  I haven't even been in nursery for an entire year, and I was released.  It was a sad day.  I love the little kids and the slow pace of play time and sometimes even enjoy the wrestling match that is lesson time.

I was called to be the Beehive advisor.  This means I get to follow Emma around, to mutual on Wednesday nights, and to Young Women on Sundays.

Today I went to my first mutual activity since I was 17.  We (the Beehive class) sewed baby blankets for a children's hospital in Portland.  The Mia Maids were making cards for the same hospital, and the Beehives took turns making cards too.  We had almost enough sewing machines for everyone, but we couldn't figure out how to work them all.  There's nothing like trying to use someone else's machine to make you feel simple.
We did get most of the blankets made up in the 3.5 hour activity.

No comments: