Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Muggle Born

Something happened to Emma.  It dates back to a couple months ago, about the time she finished the first Harry Potter book and was able to see the movie.  She has read and seen the first 3 stories, and she is currently reading book #4.  Ever since seeing the first movie, I've been hearing various charms/spells being cast around the house. 

"Wingardium leviosa."

"Expelliarmus."

"Alohamora."

"Riddikulus."

I come around the corner to find Emma with her "cloak" (aka a blanket tied around her neck- this is a change from the "cape" she once wore) and waving un-sharpened pencils.

The good news is none of our pencils seem to have any magic in them.  At least while they are pointed at little sisters.

I think Emma is secretly hoping that when she turns 11, she will get an invitation to Hogwarts via owl.  I'm just not sure how I would feel about her going away to school in England.  I suppose I might be more open to the idea if there were a school state-side, and close.

Or perhaps I will just keep my fingers crossed that she is non-magical, and I will be able to keep her around.

Although, I wouldn't mind if someone learned spells for cleaning the house.

No comments: