Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trunk or Treat

Last night was our annual "Trunk or Treat" at our church- we dress up, eat hot dogs, play carnival games and trick or treat out of the trunk of every one's minivan and SUV, er... car.  (I think there were two actual cars, and two trucks too, but by and large it's "family" sized vehicles.)

A couple weeks ago, I asked the kids what they wanted to be for Halloween.  Emma wanted to be Hermione Granger (we may be a little obsessed with Harry Potter) and Elizabeth wanted to be a rose.  When pressed, Elizabeth explained her costume should be a flower on her head and her body would be the stem with thorns on it.  I tried to brain storm how on earth I would make a costume like this and struck out.  So I asked Elizabeth again, and she said she would be a spider instead.  That, I could do.
 Sleeping Beauty (Annie), Spider (Elizabeth), Hermione (Emma) and Cinderella (Maddie)

Ryan and I kicked around several ideas for costumes.  I ended up cutting letters out of card stock (thanks to my Silhouette machine- love it!) and we had Camp Half Blood shirts (of Percy Jackson fame).
As it turned out, Emma matched the decor of the cultural hall very well.  The theme was Hogwarts.  Didn't it turn out great?  There was even theme music to get you in the mood while you ate dinner.

2 comments:

Heidi E said...

I love the costumes! Sounds like it was fun!

Natalie said...

WoW! Great decorations. I love the floating candlesticks. Very Hogwartty!