Saturday, January 17, 2015

Here's Thinkin' of You, Sis

As my sister gave birth last night, I think it's allowed for me to post this.

My sister Janelle is a good 4 inches shorter than I am.  With this, her third pregnancy, her stomach was waaaay out there.  Add to that she was 11 days over due when she gave birth, well....  Her tummy was epically proportioned.  She was a good sport about it, posting profile pictures of herself.  I am inclined to say she was larger than I was with the twins.  Poor girl.

Then she did a natural birth for a baby girl weighing 10 lbs 3 oz.  Can you imagine?  I can't.  I tore after delivering two 5 1/2 lbs babies, and those twins of mine were the easiest to deliver.

Anyway.  That may be TMI.

After one of the side shots my sister posted of herself on Facebook, my whole family talked about pregnancy and big tummies.  Pregnant tummies are fascinating, after all.  One thing led to another, and well, this happened:
Yes, I realize the irony.  I was so annoyed when Ryan did something similar when I was pregnant.  I really should know better.

No comments: