Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Mom the Hypocrite

One of our many household rules is: Don't eat in the bathroom.  The reason seems fairly self-explanatory, but anyone with kids knows- you always have to explain anyway.  

I have broken this rule once or twice, and the girls know this.  I can get children ready and out the door for the school bus every morning, but getting me ready too?  That seems to be so much harder.  So when Sunday morning rolls around, I occasionally find myself without time to eat breakfast.  Rather than starve, I will fix myself an English muffin or toast to either eat en route to church (hello crumbs all over my dress), or I will eat it in the bathroom while I do my hair.  I'm not sitting on the "throne" so no harm, no foul, right?

Except when I'm putting on make-up afterwards, and I realize I am rubbing crumbs all over my face with the foundation.  

I really am so awesome.

Sigh.

But I suppose I can't get too mad when I find things like this, can I?
I have just now realized that one of my pants legs is rolled up, and the other isn't.

Except for the sneaking part.  Someone is going to get in trouble for that one.

But maybe they shouldn't get in trouble for that either.  I am a total hypocrite when it comes to sneaking food too.  (Chocolate?  What chocolate?)

No comments: