Monday, January 12, 2015

January, Schmanuary

January is the "Monday" of the year.  Have you ever noticed that?  After the good food, good smells, pretty decorations, and holiday traditions of December, January comes along.  It's cold, it's gloomy, and there's nothing to look forward to for 3 months.  There's not even any snow around here, not that I like snow a lot.  Freshly fallen snow is pretty to look at, instead of the gray, gray, brown, gray landscape I stare at now.

I want to crawl under a blanket with a good book, and not come out until April.

Annie and Maddie were so funny this morning, making their own little breakfast table out of our pull-out cutting board.
 Then the kids all left for school, and my little rays of sunshine were gone.

At least I have this Bath and Body Works candle that smells like "Fresh Sparkling Snow."  I don't know if they've quite captured the essence of snow (does snow smell like "sparkling sugarberries, holiday pear, and icy melon"?) but I've been enjoying it.
I need to get out.  But I don't think checking out the middle school's HIV prevention presentation is quite what I mean.

No comments: