Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Summer Time

With all of our raspberries, I feel like I need to do plenty of baking.  I've made a few batches of freezer jam already, several pies, and then this is my latest delicious excuse to eat raspberries:
 They are Raspberry Cheesecake Crumb bars, recipe found here.  If you like cheesecake, I highly recommend checking it out.  Just a note- I added some spoonfuls of raspberry freezer jam in addition to the fresh raspberries.  I took a batch with us to a Spanish Branch (church) activity, and they seemed to be a hit.  I've also made these with blackberries.  Mmmmm.  Speaking of which, I think we are only a couple of weeks away from blackberry season.  We will be swimming in berries.

I came across Maddie and Emma playing a game of checkers and listening to music today.
It made me smile.

No comments: