Saturday, July 2, 2011

Itchy

One of the parks we visited had a swarm of mosquitoes that attacked us mid-day.  Yes, that's right.  Not during the twilight hours, but smack dab in the middle of our noon picnic. 

The aftermath of our picnic made itself known later on in the day.  The kids were all scratching themselves, looking like they had a case of chicken pox.  (Hey, can we come swim with you?  Promise we aren't contagious....)  I didn't get many, but I sure swelled up.
This is after 30 hours of ibuprofen and benedryl.  It was much larger and redder earlier.  Annie and Maddie kept pointing at my elbow and telling me I had an "ouch" and the older girls had a good laugh at my expense.  Even Ryan got in on the fun, and said I had a knobby elbow.

He always knows how to make me feel better.

2 comments:

Jo-Anne Rambling said...

Mosquitoes are a pain and the itch they cause is so frustrating I hope you are starting to feel better.

Tasha said...

I have a TON of mosquito bites right now. Most of the bites were through layers of clothing...which I dont understand!! At least I was the pin cushion and my kids were spared.