Saturday, July 30, 2011

More From Our Trip

I forgot to post pictures from the latter part of our Couple's Get-Away.  On the drive home from Portland, we stopped at Multnomah Falls and climbed to the top.  This was something I'd never done before.  I've only ever been with children in tow, and for some strange reason, such a steep hike hasn't appealed to them.  Or to me either, pushing a stroller or dragging/carrying a whining little person most of the way.
The view from where we stopped for a water break.
 The view looking down from the top.  We made it!  Check out the itty bitty cars on the right side.
A little water fall, only visible once you made it all the way up.  Ryan was pretty proud of this picture. 
Ryan and myself on the platform at the top.  We used the self-timer feature on our camera, since there wasn't anyone up there to politely ask to take our picture.  And then we started the journey down to our peanut butter sandwiches in the car for lunch.

2 comments:

courtney said...

I am a firm believer in couples retreats! I am so glad that you got to go on one, I don't think that much is needed in the reviving the romance department for parents, it is more like a rejuvination so that you can continue to be a sane parent. I love getting away, Jared and I get to leave on a week long trip to San Diego in a couple of months! Those pictures are beautiful!

Thanks for commenting on my blog, it is nice to know every once in a while that the people looking at your blog are actual people you know and knew when you were younger.

Natalie said...

I'm impressed with the waterfall picture too. It could be "September" in the waterfall calendar!