Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nap time

Annie and Maddie don't really take naps anymore.  We have mandatory "quiet time" after lunch instead, where I make sure the child lock is on their bedroom door handle for at least a half hour.  Once or twice a week they both conk out, and then another day maybe one of the twins will take nap, and the other will pound on the door to be let out.

I'll take what I can get.

Yesterday, Ryan felt like he needed an afternoon nap, so he went in a bedroom with the twins to lie down.  Elizabeth originally went in for quiet time as well, but it lasted about 3 minutes.  So I took Emma and Elizabeth to the store for a quick errand.

When I got back, Ryan greeted us at the front door.  "Did you get a nap?" I asked.

"Yes, I did."

"That's great!  Did the twins sleep at all?"

"No, I don't believe so.  I was dreaming and the dream took a weird turn.  I started dreaming about poop, then I woke up to Maddie sitting on my head.  And she was telling me 'Poop' every time she bounced on my head."

I was really sorry I missed that.  I would have had a good laugh.

The best part is- Annie had a dirty diaper too.  Ryan was stepping outside to throw both diapers away when the girls and I arrived home.  I missed both diapers!

No comments: