It is two more days until the day we were supposed to close on our house. We were supposed to move out last night to the rental place.
We are still here. We won't be closing on Friday.
After pestering our realtor for a week, he finally had a face to face meeting with the buyer's agent. And, finally, we have some kind of answer on what is the hold up.
The mortgage broker ordered the appraisal of our house about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Days later, the appraiser died. Which we knew about. Getting around to ordering another appraisal with a live body took until yesterday.
I've packed up most of the house. We are essentially camping now. I'm waiting on the word that we will actually need to move out before I finish. I think to finish packing and to clean will take probably 2 days. That doesn't include the moving process.
Our realtor thinks once the appraisal is done, it will be about a week before we close. But we don't know when the appraisal will be done. Still.
I'm tired of the waiting. Would someone please make a schedule and stick to it? Would someone please tell me that there is an actual light at the end of this tunnel?