Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dramatics

I don't think we have quite recovered from the time change of beginning Daylight Savings.  I know I've been a bit extra tired, and the kids have been really grumpy and prone to dramatics.  Today after dinner, I was making banana bread to use up some of our over-ripe bananas, and Maddie told me she doesn't like banana bread.

"You don't have to have any, you know.  We have other food."

"Do we have any strawberries?" Maddie asked.

"You know we don't.  You finished the last ones yesterday."

"How about yogurt?" she wanted to know.

I peeked in the fridge, and listed off the kinds we have, namely peach, strawberry and lemon.

"I don't want those kinds," Maddie wailed.  "I only like the blueberry kind!"

I tried to console her, saying we do have other kinds of food.  You know, pretzels, apples, graham crackers, lunch box peppers...  All kinds of nice snack foods.

"We have no good food in our house!"  Tears, stomping, wailing.

I hope this grumpiness is due to the time change.  Otherwise, I just have dramatic and moody children, and no hope of them being otherwise.

No comments: