Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thursday

Today was career day for Elizabeth's dress up day.  She wants to be an artist.  (No surprise there.)
 Today while I was attempting to slice an apple, this happened:
It literally just fell apart.  I just stared at it for a few seconds, open mouthed.  How could our apple slicer just die?  It wasn't that old.

Then I attempted to remember how old the slicer was.  We've had this slicer since... Elizabeth's first Christmas?  Her second Christmas?  Either way, we are looking at 8 or 9 years.  And we use this particular kitchen utensil quite regularly.

Ok, maybe it was getting kind of old.  This is just another example that time is marching on.  It occasionally blows my mind how much time has past since marrying Ryan.  As of about today, I have known Ryan for 14 years.

14 years.  Wow.

The first couch we actually purchased 10 years ago looks worn.  We are on our second griddle.  Third toaster.  Third and fifth vehicles.  7th living establishment.  Fifth computer.  Thankfully, I don't think we are falling apart quite as quickly as our possessions.

No comments: