Friday, April 3, 2015

Tales From A Public Restroom

What is it about public restrooms?  My children hate them all.  I guess I should be amazed that they manage to use the restrooms at school at all, because trying to get them to use the toilet when we are out and about is nearly as bad as pulling teeth.  (I've pulled out at least one tooth, I'll have you know.)

Yesterday we were driving home from Seattle, and we made a pit stop at a McDonald's.  All four girls followed me into the restroom, and Maddie came in with me first.  Annie waited outside the stall, and then the twins switched spots.  The toilet was one of those evil automatic flushing ones, and I had already covered the sensor with a strip of toilet paper.  Annie was not in the mood for a new toilet, and she was not going to give in without a fight.  I decided to show her the toilet was fine (privacy is over-rated, right?), and sat down.  In the middle of "going," the toilet flushed, spraying my entire backside with the flushing water.

All I could do was laugh.

Annie, on the other hand, was not amused.  In fact, after that display, she would not, could not sit on the toilet.  She could barely be restrained from leaving the stall with me not-nearly-covered-up-enough.  "Don't you open up that door," I hissed.

We were only about an hour away from home.  Annie insisted she didn't need to go, so I just had to hope for the best.

No comments: