Sunday, February 26, 2012

Darby O'Gill

We checked out a movie from the library on Friday- "Darby O'Gill and the Little People."  St. Patrick's Day is coming up and I thought it would be a fun movie for the kids to watch to get us in the spirit of the holiday.
Here the girls are Irish themselves (from both their mom and dad's side) and they hadn't seen this movie.  It's practically heresy to say so, but there you are.  We really do get into the holiday as you can see in this post, this post and again in this post.  Those leprechauns really like to cause mischief at our house.  It makes me wonder what kind of crazy tricks they will pull this year.

Last night we watched Darby O'Gill.  We may be a little skeptical of Santa (certain eldest child of mine- ahem) but we really got into the movie.  Magic and mystery are still alive at our house.

While we were watching the movie, I leaned over to Ryan and said that someday I would really like to go to Ireland.  The extent of my wanderings thus far (as far as foreign countries go) is.... Victoria, BC.   I like to watch Rick Steve's Europe and I often have a calender of foreign landscapes and castles.  Ahh... maybe someday.

Or perhaps ol' King Brian of Knocknasheega will put the "come hither" on me, and I will have to go to Ireland. ;)

No comments: