Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LTTMMSE

Ok, my life can be a little dull.  Little things make me excited.  There is this feature over at Twinsomnia called "Little Things That Make Me Stupid Excited" that I am stealing for the moment.  This is just a list of some of my favorite things right now, in the spirit of the "Favorite Things" posts I did for Emma and Elizabeth.

One
Downton Abbey.  For anyone not familiar with this show- it's a BBC series set in England before and during WW1.  It follows the Crawley family and their servants, and their many stories.  I didn't discover it until after the first season aired on PBS, but watched it religiously during the second season.  I am ridiculously disappointed there will be no new episodes until next year.  Sigh. 

Two
Raw tortillas.  I found these at Costco after being alerted to their existence by my sister-in-law, Blair.  Oh. My. Goodness.  They are so much better than any other kind I've tried.  Do yourself a favor and buy some.  They take all of 2 minutes to cook, and are fresh and delicious anytime.

Three
Ghiradelli's dark chocolate.  Need I say more? 

Four

This is our book club selection for this month.  Admittedly, I am about 40 pages from the end of the book, but I am really enjoying it.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is written in a letter format, and so took me a couple letters to get into, but hooked I decidedly am.  In post-WWII England, a writer exchanges letters with residents of Guernsey island (located in the English channel) about their experiences during the German Occupation and forms a bond.  There is humor, horror, romance and history all wrapped up in this story, and I am eager to see how it ends.

Five
I love these guys.  The twins haven't bounced back from this weekend's flu bug very well and so we've been spending a lot of time snuggling on the couch.  While I am getting next to nothing done, I am really loving it.  I love the feel of their soft cheeks on mine.  I love watching them while they sleep, even if my leg is numb.  While a not-small 3-year-old isn't quite the perfect size to hold for any length of time like a newborn is, those 3-year-olds can give hugs and kisses and say, "I wuv you Mommy."

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I LOVE Downton Abbey!! I took a while to give it a chance, I thought it would probably be boring. Boy was I wrong! I can't wait for next season!