Monday, March 26, 2012

Series of Misadventures

Oh Monday.  That was just mean.

Our morning was off to an ok start.  All went alright until about 1:30 when Ryan called and asked me to pick him up after school.  He had taken his bike to school, and after getting sick in his closet sink during class time, he didn't feel like pedaling himself home.  I offered to come get him then, but he said he was doing ok and didn't want to miss the last two periods. 

At 3:30 I started getting every one's shoes on to go get in the car.  The van didn't respond when I pushed the button to unlock the doors.  Oh brother, the keyless-entry battery kicked the bucket.  So I manually opened the van (gasp! how terrible!) and herded the twins into their car seats.  And then I put the key in the ignition and heard the half dead, "di...i..in..g" and realized it was the car battery that was dead. 

I left the car unlocked after coming home from our toddler preschool coop, and while I was making lunch, the twins climbed back into the car and turned on the light button so all the dome lights were on.   It only takes 3.5 hours to kill our battery apparently.

Dang.  Dang.  Dang.

I tried calling Ryan, but it went to voicemail.  He doesn't ever check that, so I texted him, "Can't come get you.  Sorry.  Battery dead.  Twins are dead meat."

He texted back that he would get a ride home, but ended up riding his bike.  I felt awful.

While I was fixing dinner, and Ryan was testing his limited patience with supervising homework, Maddie quietly slipped away and took a nap in her bed.  We tried to get her up for dinner, but she didn't want to.

Then she started throwing up.  Again.  And again.  She threw up the two kinds of anti-nausea meds we tried.

This is seriously the worst flu bug we have ever encountered.  I don't know what to do.  There isn't much we can do besides keep her hydrated as best we can.  Every time I think they are better, I am wrong.  This is the 3rd go 'round.  I think that Annie was a sympathetic "puker" last time, so I hope that doesn't happen again.

No comments: