Friday, February 20, 2015

Chinese New Year

I am afraid I am not very culturally aware.  Apparently yesterday was Chinese New Year.  Ryan came home from work and suggested we celebrate.  We celebrated at the local Chinese buffet.  The last time we went, Annie and Maddie were in diapers and I am pretty sure we vowed to never make them suffer through our presence again.  Between the mess we made, the feelings of frustration of 4 small children who didn't wish to sit still, and the big price tag we just hadn't wanted to go back until now.  The call of all you can eat shrimp and crab legs brought us back.  And boy, did we stuff ourselves.
 Honestly, I did tell them I was going to take a picture.

Ryan asked our waiter how to say "Happy New Year" in Chinese, and he kindly wrote it down for us.
I've decided there is a reason we don't frequent buffets.  I totally stuffed myself beyond stuffed to get my money's worth.  But at least everyone else did too.  We all moaned and tossed around in bed all night.  Elizabeth got up this morning and said she didn't need to eat breakfast because she was still full from last night.

No comments: